Thursday, February 16, 2012

Anxiety


Anxiety is one those things that we tend to experience very often in our lives…

Before an exam, during a first date, driving for the first time, getting lost, etc…

Anxiety has become so common that there are a plethora of anti-anxiety medications to choose from. Most of our commercials, mainly in the evening hours, are about anxiety or mood disorders. In reality there is a much safer way to limit or rid yourself of anxiety, the Word of God. I can’t say it will be as simple as taking a pill and instantly feeling completely “cured”, but at least this method is sure work, has no side effects and has a long lasting affect. 

I’m a work in progress, so I can’t say that I am completely “cured” of anxiety in all areas of my life, but that is due to the lack of professing scripture over and over again to hold firm that I should be anxious for nothing…However I have been relieved of an overwhelming amount of anxiety since becoming born again.
One of the things I know for sure is that God does not give us this anxiety and all these other mood “disorders” that people claim to have, He offered us joy and boldness through Him.


New King James Version (NKJV) 

Philippians 4:6

“6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God…”



Philippians 4:6 is a good scripture to meditate on whenever you feel anxious or if you have had issues with anxiety in the past. 

After just reading a handful of times a several months ago, I have become a lot more calm and at ease when confronting situations that have caused me great anxiety in the past.

No comments: