Thursday, September 15, 2011

~Spoken Word Church Retreat

As some of you may know, the Spoken Word Church is gearing up for our first retreat to Prayer & Fasting Mountain in Scotts Valley,California.This will be my first time going to anything like this.The retreat to the mountain is suppose to be a time to pray and fast (hence the name) to seek God and be revived.We are planning to have time for praise with music,corporate prayer and time for personal prayer on our own while we explore the beautiful grounds.The pictures of the location looks very peaceful and safe.The mountain is a 24/hr prayer and fasting destination and is covered with prayer on a regular basis. 

I'm interested to see how we all are after we come back from this mountain.We leave and begin our fast tomorrow evening and stay until Saturday evening.Right now,I'm anxious to actually see the mountain area and the cabins we will be staying in...hopefully there aren't any cliff sides-I have always had a problem with heights....
I will write about my experience sometime after the retreat.

Up until now,I've only fasted a couple times for no longer than about two days.I hope this time even though it's only a 24 hour fast,that I get to experience more clarity than in the past...

-Lauren

No comments: