Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Price Paid


John 19:1-6
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Sentenced to Be Crucified
19 Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged. The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying, “Hail, king of the Jews!” And they slapped him in the face.
Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews gathered there, “Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him.” When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, “Here is the man!”
As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”
But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”




Tonight my women’s bible study group watched “The Passion of The Christ”, this was the first time that I was able to watch it from beginning to end because when the movie first came out in the theaters my mom and I went to go see it and ended up leaving a few minutes into the wiping scene because it was ‘too graphic’ at the time.


Now after seeing the film in its entirety and without any problem with watching every part of it, I realized that it was the enemy that prevented me and my mom from watching it the first time. Satan knew that if I especially, had watched it I would have given my life to Christ right after and push the darkness out of my life! It finally makes sense, I had been feeling like I had been missing a small piece of my faith and this movie filled it.


The Lord knows I am a visual person and therefore tend to rely on what I see and not what I’m told. Seeing the most realistic depiction of the last 12 hours of Jesus’ life, all the way through the crucifixion has given me the ability to really understand what the blood of Jesus represents and how he bore ALL of our sins so that we could be cleansed. 

No comments: