Saturday, May 11, 2013

John 19:7-11


John 19:7-11
New International Version (NIV)
The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”
When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, and he went back inside the palace. “Where do you come from?” he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 “Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”
11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.”





This is a perfect example at how the world (leaders) can be against you and your belief but yet you aren’t at their mercy. We are at the mercy of God, not man; man can do ALL he wants but even they have to answer to the Lord our God.


There will always be people who will try to get you to deny Him, to deny your faith in Christ. Of course they may not be as blatant as the Jewish leaders back during the time Christ walked the earth, but they will do it in a round-about way by getting you to agree with them…


Friend: “I thought I was going to die just now, someone lost control of their car and nearly hit dead-on.”

You: “Wow!, I’m glad you’re okay, God protected you!”

Friend: “I was just lucky I guess.”

You: “Yeah, you were lucky.”


*In just a few short sentences, your friend removed God from the situation and you ended up both agreeing to “luck” being the reason that a life was spared in a near fatal accident. It was that easy to be talked out of a moment of ‘faith’ with an unbeliever.


No matter who has man given authority, you can always overcome!

No comments: