Thursday, April 26, 2012

One


John 14:6
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


This is the scripture that will contradict all of those who believe there are many paths to God, that all faiths share the same god.

I have heard it many times, that all faiths refer to God, so that it must mean they are all essentially worshipping the same god…unfortunately that is not true. Unless you recognize Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you cannot be worshipping the same god, not the one and only true God that many of us know and love.

I believe it is the fact that we see people who are nice, generous and personable that it’s hard to picture them not being in Heaven. If I were to repeat that same statement on television or in the newspapers, I would get pressured to believe otherwise and told that I am closed-minded and so on.

I have to say, that I use to be on the other side and had argued with family members as to why it doesn’t make sense for those who claim other religions and other gods to go to hell…but I could never prove as to why they would be able to go to Heaven…For most of the reasons that worldly people would use, are the same reasons that do not matter to Christ, after everything is said and done He will only see if you have accepted Him and repented of your sins.

This is why it is so important to reach everyone in the world who have been led astray into believing false doctrine or false religion, there are those who claim to be Christian who have been led astray as well.

We have to first and foremost, reach them through love, we cannot just come up to them tell them they are wrong and what they believe are lies! No! We have to love them and listen as to why they haven’t allowed Christ into their hearts and lives.

No comments: