Friday, April 13, 2012

Baptism


Luke 3:21-22
New International Version (NIV)

The Baptism and Genealogy of Jesus

 21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”



Many Christians are out there that have not been baptized or have been baptized but it was not done performed in the name of Jesus.

I have yet to be baptized-but not anymore, the Spoken Word Church is having a baptism this Sunday for those who haven’t been baptized. I use to think that it was just an optional thing to do if you felt like it or something that was only done when you are a baby.

In bible study we discussed the importance of getting baptized-that it’s not an option to get baptized, you have to!

As long as you are a believer in Jesus Christ it is important to get baptized as Jesus was baptized by water to.

To be baptized to me, is to be renewed and purified by the water and spirit. I had never realized how many scriptures there are in reference to baptism, not just by the Holy Spirit but by water.

I’m excited to get baptized and don’t have any doubts about it.

If you haven’t been baptized by water and are not sure about doing it, do some research in your bible and ask your Pastor about it. There are too many scriptures for it to ever doubt about doing it.Baotism

No comments: