Monday, April 9, 2012

God Is Faithful




Like many people, my faith was tested.
Boy, do I hate those tests, but I feel stronger after every test.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9God is faithful….”

I had a 1993 Nissan Maxima, it was my very first car and I loved it. It was a sign of some sort of independence, even though I was never the type to just go off and travel. In the last couple of years the Nissan started to accumulate expensive repair costs and times when it would just shut off on mornings when you would least expect it to.
Finally it came down to a beautiful sunny morning-getting ready to head out to class for my midterm while feeling sick due to a head cold that I caught from my mother….and my car starts, but something was weird-sure enough, the car just shut off and no matter how many times I would start it and press on the accelerator it would eventually shut off after a minute or two!
I was soo tired and felt soo lousy that I couldn’t even pretend to cry out of frustration. The only thing on my mind at that very moment was “I need to get to school!! My test is in 40 minutes!”
After I had tried getting my car to act properly, I immediately called my Stepdad who usually works in Emeryville, which can take up to 2 hours to home from, was actually working out of the local office that day which was only 15 minutes away! What were the chances?!...But God!

He came home and gave me his car so I could rush to class and get home when I’m done.  By the time I got to the school campus and into a parking spot, I realized that I don’t have my parking permit that is affixed to my Nissan’s window…. I panicked for a moment and then realized that we have parking permit meters where we can pay for a permit for the day which of course had a fee that was much higher than it has ever been and only took paper bills and not change….I almost never carry any cash on me ever since I got a bank account and credit card….but God! That day I had some cash on me that was left over from some of my birthday money that my stepmother had given me.
I rushed to class and by the time I got my exam in my hand all I could think about is my car, my headache, sleeping and not failing the class.
To make a LONG story short, I had to find a new car during a time when I was physically weak and did not have the money in the bank that I had planned on having when I would eventually get a new car.
But God!!

I found a car that same day, my parents put down the down payment and got a great car payment that I can comfortably afford!

Glory to God!

No comments: