Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Guard Your Tongue

Proverbs 13:3
New International Version (NIV)
Those who guard their lips preserve their lives,
    but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.


Watching what we say is one the most challenging tasks to do as a Christian, but it is so important to do. The Lord has given ALL of us, as human beings, the ability to speak forth things in to existence, because of this-whatever we will come to pass.



Phrases like….

“It’s to die for”

“I’ll die without…”

“I’m going crazy”

“I was worried sick about…”

“I can’t live without…”

“I always have a problem with…”

“I can never figure out how to…”

“I’m always broke”

“No one appreciates me”

“I can never fall asleep”

“I will never be good at…”

“I’m just a weakling”

“I’m such an idiot”

“I always get anxiety when…”

“I’m so sad that…”


And so much more…



All of these words speak ‘death’ in to our lives, because these words represent the things we don’t want to happen or become a part of us. Who would actually give their life up for a fudge brownie?? Then why say “this brownie is to die for”


We must catch ourselves and even others, whether they are believers or not. We can’t be the reason that we have reoccurring issues in our lives because we jokingly or nonchalantly use words that we don’t believe.



No comments: