Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Symbols



Skulls & Crosses


I don’t know if any of you have noticed, but there has been a sudden surge in the popularity of skulls and crosses in fashion. I still remember when it was only the rockers, punks and skaters that wore skulls on their clothes. Now it has become a statement piece on every type of clothing and accessory item.


Now you see children as young as 2 years old with “fashionable” skull and cross bones sweater and matching beanie on. The confusing part is that many Christians buy these things.


I use to wear skulls and loved them before I gave my life to Christ. As to be expected I was a rocker and did not believe in heaven or hell even though I was promoting hell by wearing the things I wore and speaking the way I did. Likewise people who wear those skulls, cross bones and so on are only promoting death.


On the other hand images/designs of crosses has increased to the point of the cross becoming just another fashion symbol and losing the meaning behind it. Before we use to be able to tell who were believers by the cross around their neck or on the clothing, now everyone wears it as fashion not realizing that they wearing a symbol that is associated with Jesus Christ and how He died on the cross for us (only to be resurrected).




To be continued…..

No comments: