Thursday, October 11, 2012

Isaiah 55:8


Isaiah 55:8
New King James Version (NKJV)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.



I have said this many times, but there are constant reminders as to how we all put our own limits on to God. We still seem to have a hard time realizing that God is above and beyond us that our minds can’t even handle how magnificent He is.


I have learned that just because I think one way about something that I may believe is good and pure, it more than likely is not even close to what God thinks or believes. This is why it can be hard to talk to people about God and what He thinks about them and certain current events because we end up placing our own thoughts and opinions in His place. I guess this is why we should be “slow to speak and quick to hear”.


A quick lesson in purifying your thoughts, don’t let your ideas about what and how people are be projected on to the Lord-therefore you won’t have to worry so much about saying something that is far off from what He thinks, believes and what He can do for us.


I do have to tell myself not to think of my own limitations when it comes to believing for something to happen for me by faith. Faith and ability are those concepts that we have to train our minds to not warp the true meanings.


No comments: