Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coming Out Of Darkness pt.1


John 11:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.




*If you never were a goth or punk rocker this more than likely isn’t for you.



I know what it’s like to be completely wrapped in darkness and enjoying it thinking it was a shield from the “cruel” world. As a young teen all the way up to the age of about 19 years old, I loved the those things that were considered “dark”, I enjoyed learning about witches and spells, I only listened to satanic music from artist like Marilyn Manson, Black Sabbath, Lacuna Coil, Slipknot, Korn and MUCH MUCH more. The idea of being able to learn spells and control things with your mind was appealing to me and some of my friends. Communicating with all types of spirits/ghosts was exciting and I did it daily for a short period of time along with a friend.


To some people all these things are scary and seem really weird, however there are many people, especially teens that partake in all the same things I did. The difference between when I was a teenager and today is that ghosts and the things involving the dead are now socially acceptable as well as talking to mediums and psychics are common place when back when I was teen this was something you did in private and were looked at as crazy.


Because of these new social norms I can only imagine how hard it is for those who are trying to get out of the darkness to be able to do so.


I basically had to go through a “Darkness Detox”: (in no particular order)

·         Say the sinners prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead.  I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will.
In your name, amen”


·         Go through your CDs (if you have ANY) throw out ALL the CDs that don’t glorify the Lord,which usually is just about everything. Some CDs you can take to places like Rasputin to sell them for a little bit of cash-it helps take some of the edge off of the idea of getting rid of your music.


·         Delete mp3s off of MP3 player and computer, even those that you love! Those have to go to.


·         Do the same with ALL of your movies/DVDs as you did with the Cds. Do not hold on to those horror movies, live concerts or suggestive themed movies/shows such as homosexuality (comedy or otherwise) or sexually graphic,etc…


·         Throw out random items such as concert tshirts, dream catchers, anything that deal with deities like “lucky” cats, Buddha, Shiva and other indian gods, Celtic symbols like the trinity symbol, peace signs, skeletons and so on.

** I will list items in more detail in the next post.


Acts 26:18

King James Version (KJV)
18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.



No comments: