Friday, July 13, 2012

1 Corinthians 13:3-7


1 Corinthians 13:3-7
New International Version (NIV)
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[a] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.





The love of God is like no other.


Love in general can eliminate pain from any past, love will reaffirm that you are here for a reason and love can make even the low times seem insignificant. 

The love of God is so real and present that no one could ever deny that there is love. People naturally crave love from those around them because we are in the world were everything revolves around the physical things-the things that we can see and touch. If only more people knew that before anyone has ever told them “I love you”, God said it first.


I understand how it can hard to feel loved by someone who you can’t see or audibly hear, “I love you” from, but if you’re mother couldn’t audibly say “I love you” to you and embrace you in their arms, yet she gives birth to you, feeds you, wakes you up in the morning and watches you from a distance while you play in the yard, she still loves you. The love of God is like that of a mother times infinity because he loves us so much that if we did not fulfill what we were supposed to do because the enemy took us out, He could bring us back to life and complete what we were set out to do for His glory.

No comments: